Answer the following questions regarding the foundations of copyright law based on what you learned from the following readings. Please do us both the service of answering these questions with depth and understanding, rather than opting for superficial description.
- Siva Vaidhyanathan, "Why Would Thomas Jefferson Love Napster?"
- Daniel J. Cohen & Roy Rosenzweig, "Digital History – Owning the Past: A Brief History of Copyright"
- "Copyright Term and the Public Domain in the United States"
- Why did the framers include copyright in the Constitution? Why did thy think it was necessary at the time?
- How did Thomas Jefferson influence early copyright philosophy?
- Both articles talk about copyright's origin as a "balance" between the rights of creators/copyright holders and the public/users, but the articles also explain how that balance has shifted. What are some examples of that shift?